- Release Notes >
- Backup Agent Changelog
Backup Agent Changelog¶
Backup Agent 22.214.171.1247¶
Released with Ops Manager 3.4.3 on 2017-02-17
- Built with Go 1.7.
- Support for MacOS Sierra.
Released with Ops Manager 3.4.2 on 2017-01-19
- Fixed Backup Agent logs not getting sent to server on Windows.
Released with Ops Manager 3.4.1 on 2016-12-27
- Fix initial sync failures in MongoDB 3.4.0+.
- Fix crash causes by initial sync of a large capped collection.
- Added support for MongoDB 3.4 feature compatibility version and views.
Released with Ops Manager 3.4.0 on 2016-11-29
- Added support for uncompressed WiredTiger snapshots on the filesystem.
- Added support for storing snapshots in S3.
- Added support for WiredTiger encryption at rest.
- Added ability to control the reference time for the snapshot schedule. For example, can now specify that snapshots are taken every 6 hours, starting at 12:00:00 AM.
- Added support for all data-format affecting MongoDB configuration
Released with Ops Manager 2.0.4 on 2016-05-20
- Fixed crash that could occur if a collection was deleted during an initial sync.
Released with Ops Manager 2.0.0 on 2015-12-08
- Added support for streaming initial syncs.
- Added support for MongoDB 3.2.0 config servers as replica sets.
- Added the ability to only backup selected namespaces (whitelist).
- Fixed issue with initial sync failing due to collections being deleted during the sync.
- Fixed issue with collection names with trailing spaces.
Released with Ops Manager 1.8.2 on 2015-10-20
- Fixed issue where initial syncs would fail if a namespace was deleted during the sync.
Released with Ops Manager 1.8 on 2015-06-23
- Added support for x.509 Client Certificate authentication. For configuration details, see: Configure Backup Agent User for x.509 Client Certificate Authentication.
- The Kerberos credentials cache now uses a fixed name.
- Fixed a race condition which could result in inconsistent cluster
snapshots for MongoDB 3.0+ sharded clusters using the
- Added an explicit timeout for SSL connections to MongoDB instances.
- Added an optimization for syncs of collections with lots of small documents.
- Adds support for non-default Kerberos service names.
- Adds support for authentication using MongoDB 2.4-style client certificates.
- The Backup Agent now identifies itself to the Ops Manager servers using the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the server on which it is running.
- The Backup Agent now captures a checkpoint even if it is unable to stop the balancer. These checkpoints are not guaranteed to be consistent, because of in-progress chunk migrations. The user interface identifies these checkpoints.
Released with |mms| OnPrem 1.5.0
- Backup Agent now sends oplog slices in batches.
- Improved stability around oplog tokens for environments with unstable networks.
- Support for a new API that allows Ops Manager to ingest oplog entries before the entire payload has reached the Ops Manager servers.
- Upgraded agent to use to Go 1.3.
- Added support for
-versioncommand line options.
- Added support for connecting to hosts using LDAP authentication.
- Agent now provides additional logging information when the Backup Agent manipulates the balancer.
- Agent now supports configuring HTTP proxies with the config file.
Released with |mms| OnPrem 1.4.2
Critical update for users running the MongoDB 2.6 series that use authorization.
The Backup Agent now includes
collections from the admin database in the initial sync.
Released with OnPrem 1.4.1
Support for backing up Kerberos-authenticated replica sets and clusters
Released with OnPrem 1.4.0
- Major stability update.
- Prevent a file descriptor leak.
- Correct handling of timeouts for connections hung in the SSL handshaking phase.